Print Page   |   Sign In
MN - Social Work Licensure
Share |

Social Work Licensure


MN Board of Social Work

The entity responsible for all aspects of social work licensing in Minnesota is the Minnesota Board of Social Work. Their contact information is: 

2829 University Avenue Southeast, Suite 340
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3239
612-617-2100 or 888-234-1320    TTY 800-627-3529

Supervision Resources

For a list of NASW members who provide supervision, Click Here.  This is a members only page, and you must be logged in to view it. If you are not a member and are interested in purchasing this list for a nominal fee, please contact the NASW-MN office at 651-293-1935.)

Please note that supervisors are on this list upon their request; they have not been vetted by NASW-MN.

MN Coalition of Licensed Social Workers

For information on the MN Coalition of Licensed Social Workers, please contact via email or phone 651-636-3769, Pam Luinenberg, Coordinator.

The Coalition created Supervision webpage to help both supervisors and supervisees.  To view it Click Here.

The Council on Social Work Education

The Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) is a non-profit, national association representing over 3,000 individual members as well as 158 graduate and 453 undergraduate programs of professional social work education. Founded in 1952, this partnership of educational and professional institutions, social welfare agencies, and private citizens is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as the sole accrediting agency for social work education in this country. Click Here to visit their website.

Health Professionals Services Program (HPSP)

The State of Minnesota Health Professionals Services Program (HPSP) is an alternative to the licensing board for social workers' legal obligation to report potential impairments of their work, such as a substance use/abuse or psychiatric illness.  Over 1500 licensees from all health professions have participated in HPSP during the first seven years of the program's existence.  The program monitors treatment progress, work quality, and medications, along with random urine screens and support groups, if alcohol or drug use is part of the illness.  Other requirements might include counseling and work limitations.

For more information, you may call or write HPSP at 1380 Energy Lane, Ste 202, Saint Paul, MN 55108; (651) 642-0487.  Or, visit their website Click Here

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal